I know you've all been waiting patiently, so here you go. Here are the answers to todays Oddities post.
1. - B. Until the nineteenth century, blocks of tea were used as currency in Siberia.
2. - A. A 'jiffy' is an actual time reference. It means 1/100th of a second.
3. - D. Windmills always turn counter clockwise except for Irish windmills. They turn clockwise.
4. - A. One in every four Americans has appeared on T.V.
5. - C. Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool. He changed it every two innings.
6. - C. The Praying Mantis is the only insect that can turn it's head.
7. - B. An adult can sweat up to four gallons a day.
8. - A. The Butterfly was originally called the Flutterby.
9. - D. The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each others shoulders.
10. - B. It takes glass one million years to decompose which is longer than most plastics.
And there they are. The real facts I mixed in with the fake ones. I don't know about you guys, but I had fun doing this. I might have to do it again sometime.
Or I might not.
You never know what the otter will do. I certainly don't, and I am the otter. Or the otter is me. Coo-coo-ka-choo!