Remember on Family Feud how they would ask 100 people the same questions and compile their answers and then ask the contestants the same question, and they would try to guess the most given answer?
And then the host would say, "Survey says!" and we'd see how big an idiot the contestant was. Remember that?
Well, this is going to be nothing like that.
But I do have a serious question. And I would like to gather at least one or two responses before I just go ahead and do it.
I have been thinking about things with my daily oddities post. I don't want them to get stale, so I try to keep things interesting . I've done this by adding my Made Up Mondays and Totally Trippy Theory Thursdays.
How would you all feel about a new weekly feature? In today's roll call, I started by stating Friday Rocks, then proceeded to show and tell a bit about my latest fossil acquisition. I'm thinking I'd like to make this a weekly feature.
The fossils I showcase will mostly be from my own, personal collection. But I won't shy away from telling about others just because I don't own an example. And I will use primarily pictures of my own fossils. But since there are many higher-grade examples out there, I would occasionally show other examples because they may be more complete, or clearer.
This would change the weekly line up of posts I do every day. It would become:
- Made Up Mondays - The day I tell a fact and you decide if I made it up or if it's true.
- Tell The Truth Tuesdays - I reveal the truth about the previous days fact, and then present a regular oddity.
- Wednesdays - Plain old boring Wednesday. You get a regular oddity.
- Totally Trippy Theory Thursday - I describe a theory that I consider to be tinfoil-hat worthy.
- Friday Rocks - I show and describe a fossil from sometime in our planets past. It could be 10,000 years old, or it could be 1,000,000,000 years old. (yep...I have one...) Many of the creatures whose fossilized remains I will describe could justifiably be called odd, so they kind of count as an oddity.
The input I'd like from anyone who has taken the time to read this far is,
- Is Friday Rocks something you'd like to read?
- Should I call it Friday Rocks, Fossil Friday, or any other suggestions? (Personally I like Friday Rocks.....But I do these posts for you, the reader...)
- What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
- Is there some kind of special post you would like to see on Wednesdays?
- Are you gonna eat your tots?
So, thanks for reading this far. Please post any thoughts you have in the comments. And share to other sub-blogs if you want. I don't want it to seem like I'm fishing for more daily readers for my posts, but I am.