I feel like I've seen people use a specific word when talking about a digital technology whose interface mimics its analogue predecessor, but I can't even figure out how to google it. I vaguely remember people using it during one of the iterations of Apples "Podcast" app that looked like a cassette playing. Does anyone know what this word is or what I'm talking about?

ETA: Thanks umataro42 who supplied the word I was reaching for :), but then suggested it might not be the right word :(

The internet giveth; the internet taketh away