How YOU doin?
Ok....to anyone who read Roll Call today, I lied. I have a few minutes, so here is a quick oddities post. It’s not a normal one, because I just don’t have time. So instead, here are just a few odd facts that may seem hard to believe, but each and every one of them is true.
So sayeth me.
- Florida is bigger than England.
- Alaska is the most northern, western and eastern state in the United States.
- If you begin counting right now, and you count for 24 hours a day, every day, it would take you 31,688 years to reach 1 trillion.
- In space, you can’t cry. The lack of gravity prohibits the tears from flowing.
- The Pony Express used only fully grown horses. Not a single pony was used.
- A Katydid, (a type of bug), has it’s ears in it’s hind legs.
- On average, you use 57 sheets of toilet paper every day.
- In the 1880's the word ‘pants’ was considered a naughty word in England.
- According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word ‘set’ has 464 definitions. ‘Run’ has a measly 396.
- a law from 1930 in Virginia makes it illegal to be corrupt or engage in bribery unless you’re a politician.
- About 84% of the fat you lose while dieting or exercising exits the body as carbon dioxide.
And, on that note, I’m done. Your usual oddity will return next week when I’m not so busy or sick.