I'm not lazy. I'm highly motivated....to do nothing.
Let me start off by saying, I am, by nature, a procrastinator. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right?
Anyhow, because of my penchant for finding something better to do that the task I should be doing, I usually try to be a few days ahead in my posts.
Well, guess what.
I'm not. I had a busy weekend, so I didn't get anything written, and now, on Thursday night, instead of making an Oddities post, I played a video game. (Borderlands 2, if any one was interested. It's Loot Hunt, y'know!)
So, I don't have a post for you today.
And you know what? I'm ok with that. Why am I ok with it? Because reasons! Deal with it!
Anyway, I work Saturday morning, and that's a typically slow time, so I should be able to get at least a couple Oddities posts written, which will put me back a couple days ahead, so I shouldn't have to make excuses for not having a post for a while.
But, because I really don't want to disappoint any of my loyal readers, I'll include a few one-line odd facts. These would be tough to make a full post out of, but at least you get a little dose of odd today.
- If your phone or tablet runs out of battery, and there's no electricity around, you can make a citrus battery out of 595 oranges and get it up and running again.
- Space has a smell. It's been described as a mixture of diesel, barbecue and gunpowder.
- In the 15th century, one of the most popular books was an erotic novel written by Pope Pius II.
- in 2008, a man strung 18,500 condoms together and used them to bungee jump from a 100 foot tower, and he lived to tell about it.
- Braces were invented in ancient Egypt. Several mummies have been found wearing them.
- Before they started making video games, Nintendo made playing cards. And before that, in the 1960's, the ran pay by the hour 'love-hotels'.
- in 1967, both sides fighting the Nigerian civil war declared a truce so they could watch Pele play soccer.
- The Sargasso Sea, located in the Atlantic Ocean, is the only sea in the world without any coast.
- Left handed people can see better underwater than right handed people.
- While we in the US say "It's raining cats and dogs!". In France, they say "Il pleut comme vache qui pisse!". (It's raining like a pissing cow!)
- Hello wasn't used in greeting until the invention of the phone. Bell wanted to use 'Ahoy'. And in 1997, Kleberg County in Texas made 'Heaven-O' it's official phone greeting.
- Richard Nixon was a poker shark. He used his poker winnings from his time in the Navy to fund his campaign for congress in 1946.
- Researchers have found that one of the best cures for a hangover is a bacon sandwich.
- In April 1945, the German submarine U-1206 was sunk when a backed up toilet forced it to surface to clear the air.
- All of the characters on The Simpsons have four fingers except for God. He has five.
All right. I think that's enough. You have your fix of odd, and I get to be lazy. It's a win-win for all!
I'll be back Monday with my usual odd crap to entertain you, because I have nothing better to do.