I can't tell you how sad this makes me. I just started paying for the service. Everpix is what Apple promised with iCloud. It is an awesome little service that automatically syncs every single photo in your photo album to the cloud where you can download it or let others view them. The thing I'm going to miss the most is the daily email I get from Everpix that shows you the photos you took that day from years past. I've rediscovered photos I had forgotten about. We can only hope someone picks up their talented engineers and puts their ideas into practice somewhere else.
Here is the email sent to subscribers:
It is with a heavy heart we announce that Everpix will be shutting down in the coming weeks.
We started this company two years ago with the goals of solving the photo mess and designing better ways for people to enjoy their memories. We are very proud of the work we've done—from the cutting-edge semantic analysis and syncing technology, right down to every pixel on our website and mobile apps.
We are grateful to our investors for giving us the opportunity to grow this project. But more importantly, we are so very thankful to the folks who supported us with subscriptions and feedback. You guys are the best.
It's frustrating (to say the least) that we cannot continue to work on Everpix. We were unable to secure sufficient funding in order to properly scale the business, and our endeavors to find a new home for Everpix did not come to pass. At this point, we have no other options but to discontinue the service.
We will email everyone soon in regards to refunds and exporting photos from Everpix—your memories are very important to us, and you can rest assured everyone on the team is working hard to ensure a simple and painless process.
- Everpix will switch to read-only mode and continue to operate until December 15th, 2013.
- Your data is safe, and we will not sell or transfer any of your photos or personal information to anyone else, period.
- We will email instructions to all Everpix users on how to download their photos.
- We will refund every subscriber. This process will take some time and we will email everyone in the next few weeks with more information.
- Thank you everyone. We will miss you.
- Please read the FAQ for more details.