I just got my FreedomPop through a pretty cool deal, no downpayment, only $15 for shipping.
Does anyone else have one? If so, how's the service been?
So far, it can't connect to a network, so I've got FreedomFail.
After a bit of research, I found the answer to my problem. I needed to do a network update so that my device had the latest software.
What I did (this won't work if you don't have a decent 4G network available):
1) Turn it on and connect my laptop to it.
2) Go to 192.168.0.1 and log in as the admin.
3) Go to the Advanced Settings Section.
4) Click on WAN.
5) Choose 4G Preferred under "Wan Mode."
6) Restart the device.
7) Repeat steps 2 through 4.
8) Under Network Updates, click on "Update 3G PRL," when it's done click on "Update 3G Profile."
9) Wait a minute and then restart.
After all that, it should start working. I'm typing this while connected to the 3G Network. The 4G signal here isn't great, but it's sufficient. Luckily the 3G signal is very strong.
The pic isn't of one that I have, but it's similar.
ETA: Looks like it's powered by AOL. http://freedompop.aol.com/