Once again we dive into Cydia for those with an iPhone of a jailbroken nature! This week we look into tweaks that will stop you from turning back to a vanilla iPhone - you'll be hooked.
F.lux is available on your PC, Mac and soon, Android devices.. so why not your iPhone? Tell F.lux which country you're in and it'll know exactly when the sun goes down. As it goes down, your screen gradually turns to tungsten instead of white, in the same way the light in your house changes from daylight to your tungsten lights.
This means that you get little to no eye strain from your phone at night. Clever stuff guys.
Control Center is great and all, but it's predecessor was a jailbroken add on called SB Settings. What SB Settings had was, ironically, more control. This little tweak gives you back control by allowing you to set custom actions and a whole lot more of them.
Need to turn 3G off quickly when you realise you're battery is nearly dead? Activate your phone's personal hotspot? Then get this tweak.
For this you'll need to add a repository to Cydia, instructions are below if you're not too sure on this.
It might just be me, but the iOS7's Notification Centre is a mess. When I pull it down, I want to be able to quickly see what's been going on - I don't care what day it is because I have a watch and I don't care what I've missed because I already know.
This tweak allows you to clean up NC at your will, making it useable again.
How to add a repo, and install FlipControlCenter:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Manage tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on Sources.
- Tap on the Edit button at the top right corner and then tap the Add button.
- Enter the following URL – http://rpetri.ch/repo/ and tap on Add Source button.
- Next Search for FlipControlCenter by tapping on the Search tab.
- Tap on FlipControlCenter from the search results
- Tap on the Install button in the top right corner
- Then Tap on the Confirm button to install the jailbreak tweak
- Tap on the Restart SpringBoard button when prompted
Source is here.