This week I made some huge learning advances in my game engine, but little progress!

The biggest thing I learned is how to use Visual Studio to help break down code, and follow various callouts to their associated definitions/etc. This is a huuuuge, time saver as I'm not constantly trying to remember how things were declared or trying to find where they are declared.

Ever since I figured this out, I took a small break from my tutorials, to simply just look at the code, organize it in a way that makes sense to me, and condense it, and in general become far more familiar with it.

Advertisement

Since I don't really have much to share in terms of screenshots, here is how I'm feeling hours before my release to a long weekend.